Learn more about the creator of Musical Auditory Training, Dr. Katya Freire
To see the entire Curriculum Lattes, Click HERE.
- • Managing Director and Clinical Audiologist, Audicare.
- • Ph.D. in Sciences, UNIFESP – Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, 2009.
- • Master in Speech and Hearing Pathology, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC), CRFa 5469, 1999.
- • Specialist in Audiology, Federal Board of Speech and Hearing Audiology - Conselho Federal de Fonoaudiologia, CFFa 902, 1999.
- • Specialist in Audiology, CEDIAU, 1995.
- • Speech and Hearing Pathologist, graduated at Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Campinas (PUCCAMP), 1990.
- • Teacher at IAV (Instituto de Áudio e Video) since 2010.
- • Works in clinical audiology, audiological rehabilitation and auditory training for adults and musical professionals. She has been working in hearing aid fitting since 1991.
- • Specialist in hearing preservation, audiology assessment and diagnosis, and auditory rehabilitation of musical professionals.
- • Pioneer in hearing preservation of musicians in Brazil.
- • Internship in Clinical Audiology at Children’s Hospital San Diego (California) and San Diego State University (SDSU), 1994/1995.
- • Training at Westone Laboratories, headquarter in Colorado Springs (Colorado), 2003/2013.
- • Author of Musical Auditory Training, developed as part of the Ph.D. thesis, 2009.
- • Founder of Audicare, 1999.
- • Founder of Westone by Audicare Laboratory in Brazil, specialized in hearing protection and in-ear monitors, serving South America since 2013.
- • Awarded Excellence in Speech and Hearing Pathology, by Sociedade Brasileira de Fonoaudiologia, owing to the development of Musical Auditory Training, 2010.
- • Awarded Special Honor by Conselho Regional de Fonoaudiologia (CRFa), thanks to her dedication to Speech and Hearing Pathology, 2014.
- • Author of many papers, book chapters and interviews and TV shows, such as Bem Estar, by Rede Globo (2013).
- • Created the Campaign Hearing Preservation for Musicians, supported by CRFa, ABA (Academia Brasileira de Audiologia) and APIDIZ (Associação de Pesquisa Interdisciplinar e Divulgação do Zumbido), 2014.
- • Vice-President of APIDIZ.
- • Member of American Academy of Audiology (AAA).
- • Member of Academia Brasileira de Audiologia (ABA).
- • Member of International Society of Audiology (ISA).
Published on: 2015-10-21 18:42:41